Services for Tenants
When looking for a property to rent, it is important to choose a property managed by a professional and reliable letting agent.
With Urban Property Services, you’ll receive a professional level of service throughout your tenancy. Our lettings team are on hand to ensure that every part of the lettings process is explained thoroughly during each step of the way.
We are registered with The Property Ombudsman and operate in line with the Code of Practice for Residential Letting Agents.
Renting a property for the first time can be a potentially daunting and confusing prospect, though it doesn’t have to be! Our lettings team have produced a short guide with points to consider when making enquiries on a rental property.
It’s important to set yourself a brief before booking a viewing on a property. Many of these items may appear common sense, but you would be surprised at how often these issues are overlooked
Things to ask yourself when considering a property:
- What is your budget? Make sure to include monthly rent, your initial deposit, utility bills and council tax. Find out what administration and reference checking fees are applicable.
- Is the property in the right location for you? Consider access to your place of work, transport, leisure and schools for your children.
- How long do you intend renting for? Most lettings contracts will be for a minimum period of 6 months.
- Which government deposit protection scheme will your deposit be registered under? At Urban Property Services, all lettings deposits are secured with The DPS (Deposit Protection Service).
- Does the property have the required safety certificates?
- Do you have a clear credit history? If not, particularly if you have received a County Court Judgement in the past, it is best to be upfront about this during your initial enquiries. This will not preclude your renting, but a guarantor may be required.
- Is the tenancy managed by the landlord or the agent? If you rent a property through Urban Property Services, we’ll always clearly explain who your primary contact is whether or not we are managing the property.
What will you need to bring with you when you sign your new tenancy?
- Photographic ID, such as a passport or driving licence.
- Proof of income for at least 3 months.
- A landlord reference when requested.
Tenant Administration Fees:
First Applicant – £195.00+VAT(£234.00)
Second Applicant – £75.00+VAT(£90.00)
Guarantor – £75.00+VAT(£90.00)