We offer 3 core landlord services which allow you to select the service most tailored to meet your requirements:
- Property Management
- Property Management Plus
- Let Only (Tenant Finding Service)
1. Property Management
Our most popular service is our ‘Property Management’ service and is ideal for landlords wanting a hassle free experience and the option that most of our clients choose. We’ll take responsibility for managing your property throughout the tenancy including finding and referencing good quality tenants, drawing up paperwork and inventory, deposit protection, rent collection, routine inspections and assisting with maintenance with our in-house maintenance team.
Our management service includes the following:
- A high quality online marketing package to market your property in its best possible light.
Your property will be marketed to thousands of potential tenants via the most popular online property portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla, as well as email campaigns to our internal databases of tenants.
- Accompanied viewings for potential applicants.
- Finding you a tenant who meets your specified criteria.
- Comprehensive tenant referencing
All tenants are thoroughly vetted to include credit checks, proof of employment and previous landlord references as well as rights to residency.
- Preparing a legally binding tenancy agreement.
- Taking a security deposit and securing with The Deposit Protection Service, which is a Government approved, third party deposit scheme.
- A detailed Inventory and check-in service, which provides proof of the condition of the property at the start of the tenancy.
- Arranging the transfer of meter readings and account holder information with the relevant utility companies.
- A detailed check-out service to ensure that the property is left in the same condition at the end of the tenancy.
- Quarterly property inspections with written feedback and recommendations.
- A monthly income statement detailing any expenditure.
- Advice and assistance with arranging any legal certificates such as Gas Safety Certificates, Electrical Certificates and Energy Performancee Certificates.
- Assistance with all maintenance issues with our in-house maintenance team.
- Dealing with tenancy renewals, and the serving of any required legal notices.
Often tenancies run without any issues, but it’s important to be protected for the rare circumstances when things don’t go to plan. Many landlords ‘going it alone’ trip up by failing to carry out the necessary procedures to ensure that they are renting their property legally. Creating valid inventories, registering deposits, safety certificates, correctly served legal notices and sufficiently vetting /referencing prospective tenants, are all examples of potential pitfalls. These mistakes can be costly in the long run, and could lead to fines or custodial punishment in some circumstances.
At Urban Property Services our lettings team are here to ensure that you are fully covered in every aspect of your landlord responsibilities. Our paperwork is clear and comprehensive for all parties involved.
2. Property Management Plus
This is an excellent and comprehensive service which offers the peace of mind that your rental income is guaranteed throughout each tenancy, so you’ll never be out of pocket!
You’ll receive all of the services included in our Property Management package, but you’ll also our Rent Guarantee service. It is rare that a tenant will fail to pay their rent but it is great to be covered if the situation did arise.
Guaranteed Rent includes:
- Your rent is protected so that if your tenant fails to pay, you will still receive your rent, with no hidden excess fees!
- Payment of all legal costs to re-gain possession of the property as a result of the tenant’s failure to pay – up to £50,000 per property.
- We’ll attend Court where required in order to a possession of your property.
For more information on our Guaranteed Rent service, click here
3. Tenancy Finding / ‘Let Only’ Service
We also offer a tenant finding service for our clients who are happy to manage a tenancy on their own, but require our marketing services to find them an ideal tenant. With our tenant finding service, you gain access to our property marketing on the largest online property portals such as Rightmove and Zoople, as well as our own database of tenants looking for property throughout Greater Manchester.
All prospective tenants are interviewed and credit checked as part of the application procedure to ensure that you have the best possible tenants residing in your property. This process can be further tailored to your requirements for example, if you would prefer not to have smokers or pets.
Once a suitable tenant is found for you, we’ll create a legally binding tenancy and secure the deposit on your behalf. After all of the paperwork is completed and signed, we then carry out a check-in process to move the tenants into the property. We’ll then pass the tenancy over to you to manage.
Free Lettings Valuation
How much rent will your property achieve?
We provide a free property valuation service to potential clients. Applying an accurate rental valuation is important when listing a property on the market. A property which is priced too highly will receive little interest and risks unwanted void periods, whereas an underpriced property is a missed income opportunity.
With Urban Property Services you can rest assured that our property valuations are accurate and thoroughly researched. With our extensive experience in the property industry, we’ll take into account the best features of your property and advise you on how it will perform in the current market.
We treat our valuation appointments as more than just placing a value on your rental property.
We’ll provide a detailed one to one consultation during which we can advise on how you can maximise the income from your property as well as answering any questions that you may have about the lettings process.
Arranging your free market valuation is easy, simply fill out your details on our online form and we’ll contact you to arrange a convenient time to visit you at your property.
We cover all areas within Greater Manchester!